If you’re a supplement manufacturer, distributor, or seller, you know that providing high-quality, safe products to consumers is of utmost importance. One way to demonstrate your commitment to quality is by obtaining an Amazon Certificate of Analysis (CoA) for your supplement products.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what the Amazon CoA is, what it entails, and how to obtain one.
What is the Amazon Certificate of Analysis?
The Amazon CoA is a document that provides detailed information about the quality and purity of supplement products sold on Amazon. The purpose of the CoA is to help ensure that the products sold on Amazon meet strict quality standards and are safe for consumers to use.
The Amazon CoA is a legal requirement for all dietary supplement products sold on Amazon. Failure to obtain a CoA can result in the removal of your product from the platform.
What does the Amazon Certificate of Analysis include?
The Amazon CoA contains a wealth of information about the supplement product being tested. This information can include:
- Product information: The CoA includes information about the specific product being tested, such as its name, lot number, and expiration date.
- Analytical testing results: The CoA provides detailed information about the analytical testing that was performed on the product, including the methods used and the results obtained. This information can include testing for purity, potency, and contaminants.
- Raw material information: The CoA may also include information about the raw materials used to produce the supplement product, including the manufacturer and lot number.
- Quality control information: The CoA may also include information about the quality control processes used during the manufacturing process.
- Signature: The CoA must be signed by an authorized representative of the testing laboratory to be considered valid.
What are the requirements to obtain an Amazon Certificate of Analysis?
To obtain an Amazon CoA, supplement manufacturers must work with an accredited third-party laboratory to perform testing on their products. The laboratory must meet specific qualifications and requirements to be considered eligible to perform testing for Amazon.
In addition to working with an accredited laboratory, supplement manufacturers must also comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) to ensure the quality and purity of their products. GMPs are a set of regulations and guidelines established by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that govern the manufacturing, processing, and packaging of dietary supplements.
Supplement manufacturers must also provide Amazon with a copy of their CoA and a product listing that includes the CoA number. The CoA number must be unique to each product and can be used by consumers to verify the authenticity of the CoA.
How to obtain an Amazon Certificate of Analysis?
To obtain an Amazon CoA, supplement manufacturers must follow these steps:
- Work with an accredited laboratory: Choose an accredited laboratory that meets the qualifications and requirements set forth by Amazon.
- Submit a product sample: Submit a sample of the supplement product to the laboratory for testing.
- Receive CoA: Once the testing is complete, the laboratory will provide a CoA that includes all required information.
- Submit CoA to Amazon: Provide Amazon with a copy of the CoA and a product listing that includes the CoA number.
- Verification: Amazon will verify the CoA and product listing and notify the manufacturer of any issues or concerns.
The Amazon Certificate of Analysis is an important document for supplement manufacturers who sell their products on the Amazon platform. It provides consumers with information about the quality and purity of the supplement products they purchase, and helps to ensure that these products meet strict quality standards. By following the requirements outlined by Amazon and working with an accredited laboratory, supplement manufacturers can obtain an Amazon CoA and provide consumers with the peace of mind they need when purchasing supplement products.